Friday, September 21, 2007

Beauty, Truth, and Love

Webster's dictionary defines BOHEMIAN as "a person (a writer or an artist) living an unconventional life, usually in a colony of others." Except for the part about the colony (because it sounds too much like a bunch of ants), I've always considered myself to be rather bohemian-esque...okay, I shouldn't say always. Mainly, my self proclaimed status of artisan extraordinaire came about when I saw Moulin Rouge. Have you seen it?!?! Oh my gosh it's soooooo good! I TOTALLY related to those in the movie who wore scarves and carried pencils behind their ears and randomly burst into song because, let's face it, the essence of bohemianism warrants at least three to seven musical outbursts per day. And I take care of at least half of those before I make it to work.

And as the true bohemian ideal upholds the standards of beauty, truth, and love, I consider it a joy and an honor to wrap myself and others in those credos like a heated towel scented with sandalwood. Mmmm...sandalwood.

And doesn't even THINKING of the words beauty, truth, and love just kind of make you wanna never walk anywhere ever again? Instead, maybe we can just use these principles to elevate us off the ground once in a while so that we waltz from place to place instead of meet the earth heavily, step by step, with our impatient feet.

I know I'm losing some of you at this point. And, actually, I don't really have a purpose in writing all this gibberish. I pretty much just like sandalwood and wanted to mention it in a blog.

Oh! And you might please think of me before your little head hits your little pillow tonight or lots of nights from here on out because, you see, I've been seriously considering looking at teaching a Freshman Composition course at UCO this Spring which means, hello, I'd be a college professor. Okay, actually I would just be a Teacher's Assistant, but I'd get my own class and my own curriculum and audio visuals! And students! Students I can assign papers to! And then grade them! And say things like "my office hours are blah blah blah." And faculty parking! Weeeeeee!

So, yeah. I'd appreciate some prayers in this area. If anything just to calm me down. Thanks and please remember "Chewing TWO pieces of Trident White sugarless gum after eating and drinking helps prevent stains, strengthen teeth, and whiten teeth in as little as four weeks." I don't care who ya are, that's dope.

1 comment:

WalkerMediaWorx said...

You have to take that class. Those kids need someone with your passion for writing to teach them. That is, if they can stop laughing first. You crack me up.