Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Letter To My Bathtub

Dear Garden-style Oasis of Love,

I'm in love with you. And please don't tell me it's too soon for me to feel this way. It's been nine months and I'm hypnotized by your ways. Actually, bathtub, I hesitated about whether or not I should tell you this, but you are what gets me out of bed in the morning. Knowing you are waiting for me with your fiberglass arms of bliss, aahhhh....I get weak in the knees just thinking about it.

This letter is a big step for me, bathtub. You have to know...not many people approve of our relationship. They can't seem to understand why I enjoy your company so much, why I'm willing to forgo showers for the rest of my life just to remain in your tender embrace. Filling you up fills me up. Plain and simple.

And, bathtub, thank your for being selfless with your personal space. I love that you willingly hold my crosswords and books and homework and 45 half empty shower gel bottles. That's so sacrificial of you. You have no idea. But it makes me realize I need to put more effort in our relationship so you don't feel drained, so to speak.

I promise you, bathtub, there are so many exciting times ahead for us. I think about you all day and can't wait to be in your arms again.

Loofa,
Katy

4 comments:

Decktout: Housewares & Decor said...

you slay me.

Steven R. said...

Dude, you are hilarious. I was told I was missing out, but I had no idea. Thank you, thank you.

Anonymous said...

This will be my wife's favorite of all time! I really believe she could LIVE in there! Enjoyed the post!!

connie said...

gosh i love you friend.